Welcome to CommunityWiki! This is a wiki about communities both online and offline. We talk about management, teaching, conflicts, mediation, and tools used for online communities. Everyone is encouraged to participate. This page is for people new to CommunityWiki.
If this is your first time on a wiki, please check out the page UsingWiki for a quick introduction. After that, if you would like to see other pages for new wiki users, check out CategoryIntroductionToWiki. Then come back to this page (click on SiteMap in the upper-left hand corner of any page, and then follow the WelcomeVisitors link to here).
Before you go on, there’s two things you should know. First, anything you write here is made available for people to copy, via the copyright terms in the CommunityWikiLicense. Second, please UseRealNames when you sign your name; don’t use a Pseudonym.
Also, you need to request and editor password from AlexSchroeder via mail.
Other do’s and don’t:
- Do UseRealNames
- Do BeBold
- Do expect others to edit your text
- Do respect the CommunityConsensus? when there is a disagreement
- Do Wiki:RefactorMercilessly, including changing DocumentMode to reflect new understandings from ThreadMode, then delete the ThreadMode
- Don’t be rude
- Don’t take it personally if some of your text is changed or deleted
- Don’t spam
- WikiSquatting?, that is, using this wiki as your personal Web space, is prohibited
- Don’t edit someone else’s signed comment
Here’s are some things you might like to do:
- practice editing a wiki page on the page SandBox. The SandBox is a page created especially for practicing on.
- add your name to the “guest book” at RecentVisitors
- start out by reading the site a bit, and try to get a sense of the local style
- visit RecentChanges every few days to see what people are saying
- then, begin by adding comments and making minor corrections to various pages; conquer your FearOfEditing!
- if you like it here, make yourself a home page (see CategoryHomepage)
- once you get the feel of this place, help us out by editing existing pages, restructuring them, or contributing new content
You might like to visit…